BRT 16" Cold Hammer Forged Govt Barrel
Black River Tactical
BRT 16" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
Black River Tactical Cold Hammer Forged Barrels are designed and built to meet the needs of serious shooters who demand the highest levels of accuracy and durability in a Government profile barrel.
Black River Tactical Cold Hammer Forged barrels start with the most durable and accurate blank possible using a precision cold hammer forging process and certified material. The barrels use a GOV profile for maximum compatibility with issued equipment. The barrels are finished with an advanced hard chrome lining process that maintains peak accuracy and withstands severe firing schedules.
Black River Tactical CHF barrels deliver the performance to get the job done in demanding real world conditions.
- Cold Hammer Forged for extreme durability and accuracy. Our precision cold hammer forging process produces an exceptionally straight and smooth bore finish with ideal land and grooves profiles, all of which are key to maintaining accuracy. The forging process also increases hardness and produces beneficial grain flow alignment which improves toughness.
- Chrome Lined Chamber and Bore for excellent service life and resistance to corrosion. Our industry leading process was developed specifically to address the unique requirements of precision firearm barrels and includes 5 key improvements to ensure highly uniform and accurate results. This includes an electropolishing treatment before chrome lining.
- 556 Chamber for compatibility with all high pressure military 5.56 and civilian .223 ammunition. Our multi-step process produces true mil-spec chamber dimensions with excellent concentricity and includes separate operations for throating and chamber polishing.
- Midlength Gas System for reliable use in harsh environments. Standard gas system configurations simplify spare parts logistics and maximize hand guard compatibility.
- Buffer Recommendations
- H or H2 Buffer with mil-spec spring.
- BRT Government Profile (.750 Gas Block), FSB Compatible
- Mid Length Gas System, Dimpled for One Gas Block Screw
- 1/2-28 Muzzle Thread
- 5.56 NATO Chamber
- 6R Rifling 1/7 Twist
- 4150 CrMoV Ordnance Grade Steel per Mil-B-11595E(AR)
- Chrome Lined Chamber and Bore
- Manganese Phosphate Finish
- M4 Barrel Extension with Extended Feed Ramps
- Weight: 27.4 oz