BRT 16" PRO 556 Barrel
Black River Tactical
BRT 16" PRO 556 Barrel
Black River Tactical PRO 556 Barrels are designed and built to meet the needs of professional shooters who require a balance of of accuracy, durability and value.
Black River Tactical PRO 556 barrels start with a high grade stress relieved blank using a precision button rifling process and certified material. The barrels use a modified government taper profile to keep weight down while maintaining strength. This produces a balanced weapon when other accessories are added. The barrels are finished with a QPQ Nitride process that maintains peak accuracy and withstands challenging environments.
Black River Tactical PRO 556 barrels deliver the performance to get the job done in demanding real world conditions.
- Button Rifled and Stress Relieved for consistent accuracy. Our precision button rifling process produces an exceptionally straight and smooth bore finish, which is key to maintaining accuracy.
- QPQ Nitride Chamber and Bore for excellent service life and resistance to corrosion. More than a surface finish, this treatment converts the outer surfaces of the steel into a hard composition with similar properties to hard chrome plating, but without any dimensional changes. This new surface improves extraction and velocity while resisting fouling and corrosion.
- 556 Chamber for compatibility with all high pressure military 5.56 and civilian .223 ammunition. Our multi-step process produces true mil-spec chamber dimensions with excellent concentricity and includes separate operations for throating and chamber polishing.
- Gas System tuned for reliable use with a wide variety of ammunition. Our gas system configurations and gas port dimensions are the product of extensive engineering backed by exhaustive testing. The results are a balance of wide reliability margin and smooth operation.
- Buffer Recommendations
- H or H2, VLTOR A5H1
- BRT Midweight Taper Profile
- .750 Gas Block Journal ( Compatible with Front Site Base )
- MID Length Gas System
- .073 Gas Port Size
- 1/2-28 Suppressor Ready Muzzle Thread
- 5.56 NATO Chamber
- 1/7 Twist
- 4150 CrMoV Ordnance Grade Steel per Mil-B-11595E(AR)
- QPQ Nitride Finish
- M4 Barrel Extension with Extended Feed Ramps
- Weight: 27.4 oz